Saturday, May 24, 2008

A sunny day...

Today is at last a sunny and warm (above 20 °C warm, I mean...) day, but the sunniness did not last long - by the late afternoon it even started drizzling. I revisited Kaiserstraße with all the shops open; then my mood goes like the weather, down:

There is a piano shop on Kaiserstraße, and after I tried the pianos--Bechstein and Steinway and other brands unknown to me (and all expensive)--then left the shop, I was feeling quite downcast. It is true that I'm already settled down and felt quite comfortable with everyday routines such as buying groceries, walking around in the city, going to work, etc., and the feeling of waking up in the middle of a dream, puzzled by the unfamiliar surrounding, and not knowing where I am comes less and less often, but the piano brings me back to a week ago while I'm in the US (I can't believe that it is not yet one week since I arrived in Germany!). It is so strange that I'm in a foreign land (for the second time in my life) with a language that I hardly speak, with a culture that I'll still trying meticulously not to offend, and with a lifestyle so unlike what I had before (no more homeworks, problem sets, nothing, nichts, nada, only going to work on weekdays...). And needless to say, I miss my piano...

No comments: